The 80s And 90s Were Just Really Not A Great Time For Hair. It Was The Worst.
Style is an ever-evolving and, in hindsight, often cruel mistress. Those of us who lived through the 1980s and 90s know this first hand. So many crimpers, curling irons and bottles of gel and hairspray went into making sure every follicle was in its perfect place…Only to look back on it years later and ask what the heck were we thinking??
Seriously, I used to envy some of these hairstyles. Wow. I”m suddenly so glad my mom stopped me from attempting them.
If you ever sported one of these hairstyles, don”t worry. Fashion has burned us all, at one time or another:
1. This was the ideal look for every girl in the mid-90s. Why??
2. The late 90s got even worse for dudes.
3. “The bigger the hair, the closer to God”…but even he would probably tell her to tone down the hairspray.
4. Attention Agent Mulder: I think I found your UFO.
5. This was probably the most popular girl in school.
6. Vanilla Ice meets Billy Ray Cyrus.
7. The dad has more hair than the rest of them combined.
8. A bouffant beacon!
9. Oh I get it, someone swapped their (terrible) hair styles. No? Wow.
10. This guy is reaaaal slick.
11. Bon Jovi”s cousins in Jersey take a family portrait.
12. The face of pure dread.
13. So. Much. Perm.
14. Friends who have stringy hair together stay together.
15. Don”t you forget about this prom hair disaster.
16. These bangs were everything.
17. Her name is probably Mary, and her parents have a cruel sense of humor.
18. It”s not a good sign when the dummy is has the best hair.
19. Sideburns are hard to grow, better fake it til you make it.
20. This dad is not sure about being surrounded by a family of Dorothy Hamills.
21. The parents are laughing thinking about their kids looking back at this in 10 years.
22. At least her ensemble makes it symmetrical.
23. Not sure if the 80s or just a hairspray explosion.
24. Uneasy lies the head that wears these crowns of glory.
25. If they ever need a straight edge, they can just grab their brother.
26. Business on the side, party on the other side.
27. The evolution of punk in one photo.
28. For the lazy parent: pixie in the front, pony in the back.
Lesson learned: when it comes to hair, keep it simple. Share the hair raising fails with your friends using the buttons below!