If You Followed These 10 Movie Life Hacks, You’d End Up Dead
Learning the truth about “movie magic” is a lot like learning the truth about Santa Claus. Living in the bubble of disbelief is amazing until you realize that some things simply cannot be true. For example, remember how horrifying it was to find out that lightsabers weren”t real and that people flying spaceships were just really fit scientists conducting research? That was the worst!
Still, movies exist to entertain us, and they do a great job of bringing our imaginations to life. Unfortunately, they do a mediocre job of conveying what you should not do in real life. In fact, you may have seen something done in a movie and thought about doing it yourself. Before you do, cross-reference it with these ten movie myths. Doing so might save your time and your life.
1. Katanas can”t cut through everything.
2. Drinking small amounts of poison will probably kill you.
3. You will probably not survive a nuclear blast.
4. You can”t outrun an explosion.
5. Bushes will not break your fall.
6. Punching someone in the head will cause serious damage.
7. Your underlings make for bad human shields.
8. Punching a snake in the head will not necessarily kill it.
9. Don”t jump through a window to make a quick exit.
10. Ziplines make for a bad exit strategy.
Chances are, if you see something that”s too good to be true in a favorite film, it probably is. There”s a reason why the credits tell you not to try this at home!